Pink Ribbon Street Appeal is an event to raise awareness and money which goes towards education, support for those affected, fundraising, research and medical care.
You can take part in fundraising by donating online, to collectors that are out leading up to the 11th of October, or voulenteering to be a collector.
Last year the New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation were able to put donations towards;
- For new, targeted treatments being developed right here in NZ
- For medical equipment for our hospitals so that we can have access to new diagnostic tools and new procedures faster
- For treatments and services that give kiwis with advanced breast cancer longer and longer with their families
- For support that makes all the difference in the lives of kiwis affected by breast cancer
- For education to make sure that women and men, of all ages, know the signs of breast cancer so that more cases can be caught early
Their goal is to have zero deaths from breast cancer, from donations and awareness it brings them closer to achieving their goal.