Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the role will contribute to the leadership of the organisation and the development of annual issues based work plans and associated planning tools. You will need to work closely with all staff to ensure flow of information and effective collaboration, develop and maintain strategic alliances that may contribute to the reduction in disparities for Maori, develop and maintain working relationships with other agencies and stakeholders that support actions and priorities from the strategic plan and annual operational plan. You will be responsible to undertake specific projects that will maintain the position of Hapai as leaders in public health and will contribute to increasing equitable Maori Public Health outcomes.
Key functions of this role include policy development and increasing collaborative partnerships across the health sector, sub-contractor management and the ability to maintain relationships with various funding bodies and key contract managers. The Kaiwhakahaere will be responsible for the compilation of all sub-contractor reporting and contract report for submission to the funder.
The successful candidate would demonstrate the following skills/experience:
- Proven experience and performance in Public Health
- Post Graduate Degree or higher is preferred
- Experience working at Senior Management Level
- Excellence in Verbal and Written Communication
- A highly developed understanding and knowledge of government systems, policy development, and project design and implementation
- Experience to engage with Maori whanau, hapu and iwi, knowledge of Tikanga Maori and competence in Te Reo Maori
- Ability to build effective partnerships with stakeholders with varied perspectives and viewpoints
The role will be undertaken in the endeavour of our Mission, Oranga Tangata Oranga Whenua.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com